Third-Party Integration (Punchouts)
Print Service Provider Benefits
PTI Marketing Technologies online business applications can be integrated with a variety of corporate enterprise and business partners. Exchange data through electronic data interchange (EDI) or connect to e-procurement applications from Ariba, Commerce-One, SAP, and PeopleSoft, or virtually any other software including legacy applications. Integrate MarcomCentral™ applications with corporate portals and Intranets and even corporate document management solutions like Documentum. Corporate users don’t have to learn a new interface to their web to print system, they simply place orders using their own familiar software. Orders flow into the print service provider's system. PTI products can also be integrated with accounting, inventory, print management and shop-floor systems, like Enterprise Print Management Solutions (originally known as MicroInk), inside the company or with business and distribution partners. Extensive support of standard formats like CIP4 JDF/JMF, PrintTalk, and legacy flat files allow you to implement machine control, retrieve status information, and much, much more.
Print Service Provider Benefits
- Benefit from corporate print on demand opportunities and participate in corporate e-procurement initiatives without hiring a team of systems integrators
- Reduce training requirements when users order from systems their companies have already
- Interface with shop floor management or print MIS to create a fully automated production workflow
- Reduce the cost of integration with no investment in hardware or software, no software support fees and no integration expertise needed
- Use current ERP or e-procurement systems to place orders for printed materials, including versioned and variable documents
- No requirement for desktop users to learn new software, ordering can be done using applications with a familiar look and feel
- Uses access and security controls and approval processes inherent in the enterprise applications; does not require additional log in or approval workflows
- Streamlines buying process by returning purchase data to the corporate e-procurement system
- Streamlines accounting by forwarding order information to existing accounting systems
- Printers can provide integration to enterprise applications at little or no additional cost to their
Build Your Custom Integration
PTI Marketing Technologies provides two types of data tools: Web Services and Data Feeds. Web Services are callable routines which can be implemented to extract data “on demand,” to create a job ticket or packing slip, for example. With a Data Feed, data are extracted from the PrintOne database and then made available in an XML format for import by other applications. With Web Services and Data Feeds, the MarcomCentral to print solution is extensible and never has to be a free-standing application; it can be part of an entire automated workflow. Users can eliminate hand entry of data in third-party applications, automate the exchange of data between inventory or enterprise accounting systems and create completely customized reports.
- Check Order Status - obtain status for a particular order in the PTI system
- Create Packing Slip - create a packing slip for an order or a line item on an order in the PTI system
- Create Invoice - create an invoice in the PTI system
- Delete Order or Line Item - delete order or line item on an order in the PTI system
- Get Inventory by SKU ID - obtain inventory for a given SKU in the PTI system
- Get All Inventoried Items By Company - obtain all inventory items for a given company in the PTI system
- Update Inventory Levels - update inventory levels for a given item in the PTI system
- Batch Update Inventory Levels - update inventory levels for a group of items in the PTI system
- Product Message -- Add, Update - create, update or deactivate product information in the PTI system
- Inventory Message -- Add, Update - update and get inventory information associated with an SKU in the PTI system
- Orders Message – Get - retrieve order information from PTI system
- Packing Slip Message – Update - update packing slip information in the PTI system
- Sales Work Order - A sales work order is generated when 1) A user places an order in the store and he is a purchaser. 2) An approver logins to the store and approves a requisition made by a requisitioner.
- Job Ticket - When a job ticket is created one file or email is created per transaction. File can be sent via FTP/SMTP/ HTTP.
- Invoice - When an invoice is created one file or email is created per transaction. File can be sent via FTP/SMTP/ HTTP.
- Uberfeed - The UberFeed is currently available once daily and contains information for orders that were created that day. It does not contain any information regarding orders created previous to the day it is being called.